Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Beautifully Irresistible

Last night at APR, I glimpsed sight of a grown man crying. A tattooed, former meth addict- now captured by the love of Jesus- sat with tears streaming down his face.
 
We were playing, singing and praying from Psalms 27:4-5; declaring the beauty of God and how we long to be in His presence. As I watched this man swat at the tears on his face, I marveled at how the beauty of God moves even the hardest of hearts.

I mean, the God who created colors and G minor and waterfalls and proteins and red clover loves us. Yearns for us. One careful study of the world He placed us in... His handiwork... reveals a God who sees to details, spends time with even the smallest of things, and is brilliant in His variety and creativity.

Beautiful. I find Him beautifully irresistible. Even more so when I see inked up men, scuffed Bible open and prayers on their lips, overwhelmed by His beauty and His heart for us.

(Photo credit: My brother, Sam Wisdom)

7 comments:

Kellie{Michelle} said...

This is beautiful : )

butik baju muslim said...

Thank you for posting this. It’s exactly what I was looking for!

Brin said...

Thanks, y'all.

Butik Baju Muslim- thanks for visiting. You have a nice website! I wanted to make sure and tell you that I pray for friends of your faith often. As I share my faith, I want to be clear that I serve the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob; the God who sent His Son, Jesus, to pay the consequences for my sin so that I could be held blameless, call a righteous God Father, and be welcomed into His house! I don't believe followers of Jesus and Muslims serve the same God. I believe that Jesus is Lord... that He is living and at the right hand of God even now... and that He is coming soon to rule and reign as sovereign King.... I welcome you back here anytime and want you to know that I am praying for you. -Brin

Unknown said...

You never disappoint!! Just perfect!

myletterstoemily said...

what a precious sight and awesome
privilege!

and i love swiss chard, too!

Linda Z said...

A beautiful story. I'm glad your friend is captivated by Jesus! :)

Gracie G. said...

:) The older I get the more I appreciate how nature shows God's personality. So many colors, textures, patterns, smells...none of us could ever dream all of this up. It's too fantastic. Thanks for your post. :) I have dear friends who I've been praying would come to know Christ and reading this story is encouraging to me. <3

PS: It's great to see you posting again. I've been reading your blog since way back when and you inspire me to lead a messy, thrilling life too!