Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Seed Starting Guide

The temperature outside is 0 degrees. Exactly. I don't care where you're from, that's cold. But inside, all is well. I've pulled out my seed catalogues- a favorite January past time- and have settled in with a Sharpie. Time to get circling, planning, and dreaming. I can't wait for my first garden on the land!

I wanted to share with you gardeners out there, hobby or otherwise, the amazing Lazy Gardener's Seed Starting Chart that Gayla of You Grow Girl dreamed up. Download the chart, then run over to the accompanying link and get the frost dates for your area. Plug in your date and this handy chart will tell you when to plant what. No counting, guessing, or keeping track! How handy is that?

Looks as if I need to be gearing up for Kale and Lettuce. Better get a move on!  -Brin

5 comments:

Jen said...

Thanks for the link! I always plant my seeds too early or too late...

Terri Steffes said...

OoOO! I am checking into this. I always love planning my garden.

Unknown said...

Cold is cold and nothing cures the beast of winter like planning the gardens, thanks Brin!

Melissa H. said...

I have rarely commented but wanted to let you know I so enjoy your blog!

You have so many gifts. I look forward to watching you plant your garden!

Michelle said...

Great link! Thank you! Oh I can't wait for Spring. *sigh*