Monday, April 5, 2010

Happiness Designed... and Not Postponed


My old strawberry patch at Freeman House. I'm trying not to look back... trying not to be wistful... trying not to be a smidge sad... especially as gardening season gets underway.

It's hard to be sad, anyway, when thinking about strawberry patches.


I bought pots. A few. And I got strawberry runners from a nursery. I'm watching, eagerly, as the berries begin to blush.


It may be awhile before I get this sort of bounty from a little garden again. That's okay.

For now I have my pots. My strawberry patch pots. After all: "Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present." (Jim Rohn)

Here's to happiness designed - and not postponed.

9 comments:

redeemed diva said...

Looking forward to hearing of all the adventures this batch takes you on!

Debbie said...

Thanks for the reminder! I'll pick up some more pots:)
DEBBIE

Lisa in Texas = ) said...

A great perspective to have.
Lisa in Texas :o)

Bev said...

I like this so much Brin, it's easy to get stuck in the "someday" or the "once was", how wonderful to be reminded of the "now is"....Thank you:)

Kathleen Grace said...

So true Brin. It is too easy to look back when we could be enjoying good things now. Strawberries grow nearly anywhere, and so does happiness if we cultivate it:>)

Unknown said...

Oh Brin, it's ok to look back, or be a little sad, it keeps us grounded, grateful and glad! You will harvest plenty! Hugs!

Cathy said...

So true Brin. I love your reminder that we must be happy in the circumstance we find ourselves in. If we put off happiness we are missing out on so much! Thanks!

Tara said...

Love that quote and reminder. Love some fresh berries! Nothin better.
Hugs,
Tara

Linda Z said...

When strawberries start to blush... I love that!! :) I also love the idea that you are designing happiness! God doesn't want us to postpone or joy, but find our joy in Him everyday... even the hard days. You inspire me to do that! :)