Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Scissors and Lola, A Millie Story

Yesterday. Millie trotted over, closed her eyes, and sat at my feet all zombie-like. I glanced up, saw her pretend sleeping standing up, and took the little drama to mean, Mom, if you sit there any longer looking for jobs online, I'm gonna die of dog boredom.

So we loaded up and went to the dog park. Poor little lab needed some room to run.

And there she went. Two dogs caught her eye, running and wrestling as they were. Millie got close, then stopped. But she wanted in on it. I could tell she did.


She watches the dogs play, then wanders back over to me and sits at my feet. Millie! Get up and play with your friends! I encourage her. You can sit around at home!

Her brown eyes look back at me wistfully. Her two doggy friends prance by and Millie sits up. Then she whines. Go, Millie! I say. She sighs. I mean, audibly sighs. Obviously I just don't get it.

A lady standing nearby laughs. She comes close, and bending down to look into Millie's face, says, Hi Millie. Those are my dogs, Scissors and Lola, and I'm sure they'd like for you to join them.

So she did. And the three of them: Scissors, Lola and Millie had quite a time.

I was so proud. But it does seem like just yesterday that little Millie was content here at home. Now she needs a gaggle of girls to keep her occupied.

They grow up fast, don't they? Grin

13 comments:

Vintage Girl said...

Awww....Millie is growing up.....cute story from the park.

Rosetta said...

I tried to read your blog earlier and I got this message that it was only for prescribed readers. And, I was sad because i enjoy your blog even though I don't really comment much. So then I decided to try again later and I could access it. Weird, huh? Anyway, really enjoy reading your blog and I hope you find a job really soon. Things are bad here in Missouri also jobswise. There's a lot of people out of work. God Bless.

Rosetta

vintage girl at heart said...

Millie is blooming and she has quite the social life these days.
Good luck on the job hunt.

Joy said...

That was sooo cute, great story, I really enjoyed it. A simple, sweet, story. Now I want a dog even more!!!

Unknown said...

That was so cute! I love animal stories :)

Susan said...

Dog love. There's nothing better. I too experienced the message that your blog was now "by invitation only". Weird. Glad it was a glitch. Hugs to Miss M.

Katherine said...

I was so disappointed yesterday to get the message "for invited" readers only. Am SO glad I could access again. I look forward to your blog daily.

Vee said...

Millie is so intelligent and she certainly has grown up fast.

bostonatheart said...

I, too, rarely comment, but read your blog daily and received the "invited only" message. Boy, that ruined my day . . . for some reason (a little voice in my head), I tried again today and was happy to be able to access your blog. I didn't know how much I looked forward to it until I thought I couldn't read it anymore! Glad your (its) back!

Amy said...

She's so funny!

Sandi said...

Same thing happened to me as Rosetta. It said , For invited readers only and I thought, OH NO I love to read this blog! A glitch maybe??
Blessings!

Unknown said...

Girls just wanna have fun! lol

Lallee said...

So sweet. Millie is a precious joy. It does seem like it was just yesterday and she was small.