Sunday, February 8, 2009

A Blur, Set to Music

A blur of a weekend, set to music. Friday I was on the road again, this time as a sponsor for a weekend conference. And guess who else showed up? David Crowder*Band. They were phenomenal. The bass was so loud my heart vibrated inside my chest, but the worship was so powerful my soul ran up and sang straight in heaven's ear.

As I said, it was phenomenal.

I'd hoped to make it back to Dallas in time for Kari Jobe's CD release party, but I didn't. My roommate and I watched some of it live on the internet instead. Go ahead and do yourself a favor: if you haven't gotten yourself or a loved one anything for Saturday, grab Kari's new (first!) CD or download a song or two to your computer or iPod and call it a happy Valentine's Day. I know that's what I'll be doing come the weekend...

With this, I'm calling the weekend over. Wow, it was busy! Millie and I are both uncomfortably zonked. (Of course, it could have something to do with that soggy taco we just ate....)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You have such a craft with words, you never disappoint! Will check out that CD soon. Rest up, the interviews will begin soon! Hugs!

April@MySacredSojourn said...

My husband and I have a CD by her that we bought last year sometime. I'll have to check out her new one because I love the one we have. I also have several of the Christ for the Nations worship albums and they are wonderful! My favorite song on the albums I have is "We Prepare the Way". So anointed!

Vee said...

Just what you needed...and heaven, too.

Lulu said...

i love coming by and visiting..You have a great way with words..