Thursday, May 29, 2008

The River

The snow is melting from the mountains. It trickles down, silent and ice cold, wetting rocks and watering shrubs until it splashes into the Dolores River. Every morning, Millie and I hear the river and its melted snow calling from our beds. We get ready and go to meet it.

The mornings are brilliant. Blindingly bright. The air is cool and sweet - I don't think I've ever breathed such air. Millie and I walk the gravel path to the river edge then make a sharp right to take the river walk.

Saturday I will go rafting down these freezing, chopping waves. Today the puppy and I simply sit on our rock and watch and listen.

It was too bright, really, to take pictures. You can see that didn't stop me. I'm convinced that even when I come back in the evening to take more, my snap shots won't do this place justice. It's too much. Too much beauty for two eyes and one camera. ...


8 comments:

Adrienne said...

What a beautiful place to sit. I'd love to join you and Millie and just sit and watch the river go by. ~Adrienne~

Faith said...

Sounds like you needed this opportunity to breathe and relax a bit. Good for you for actually taking it! Skip a few rocks for me, will 'ya? ;) Have fun, sweetpea!

-Faith

Betty said...

Truly a restful place..

Anonymous said...

Your place looks perfect, as close to perfect as God can make. Millie obviously loves being there or where ever you are :). Enjoy your wonderful time there!

Prayers and hugs,
Kathi :)

Jenny said...

Absolutley beautiful! And Miss Millie is quite precious in her pink harness and leash.

Hugs,
Jenny

Harbor Hon said...

Millie seems to have adjusted well to your change in location and you sound like you're enjoying yourself as well. God truly is smiling on you both. Have fun. xxoo

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I'm so jealous!

Unknown said...

There is something to be said about the call of the wild that tames our soul, and I'm so happy that you and Millie found it! Thank you so much for the card!