Saturday, July 7, 2007

Happiness... Unpursued

Happiness is a butterfly,
which when pursued,
is always just beyond your grasp,
but which, if you will sit down quietly,
may alight upon you.
-Nathaniel Hawthorne

Well, what do you know. They found me today: sunshine...

... sunflowers...

... a butterfly...

... and happiness. Yellow, fluttery happiness. It alighted on me today.

What price would you put on contentedness - would you put on these golden moments - if you could put a price on it all? Me? Well... I'm not sure. But I know I wouldn't give all the money in the world for a day like today. A day when the summer sun, a sunflower, and a butterfly met me along my way.

Everyone, meet happiness... unpursued.

10 comments:

Brigitta said...

wow! these sunflowers are gorgeous, I love sunflowers, they make me very happy. thanks for sharing those beautiful pictures

Anonymous said...

i wish your blog was a town because i would sooo live there!! these pics are gorgeous and should be on a calndar or in a mag or something!! connie

Brambleberry said...

Happiness and contentment are wonderful things, indeed. So glad they are surrounding you.

--I would live in that town, too, Connie. Such loveliness.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely blog you have! I've restored a 1890 farmhouse in Ohio. I feel your pain...I do so love my house. Your home is going to be just fantastic! What you've done so far it beautiful..if only more people would see the charm of all our old homes and perserve our history.
Kathy

meg said...

Look it you~ doubly blessed with visits from sunshine & butterflies.
Sunflowers always make me stop & wonder; they are among my favorites.
I've always seen balloons in the distance, usually up in the sky since we have a balloon outfit in town; this was my first "up close & personal" encounter- but I'm still not going up in one :)

Lallee said...

Now that is a beautiful trio of happiness found!

Anonymous said...

Know what found me today? A robin in my raspberry patch..enjoying a treat along with me.
I am so glad you finally have sunshine again, how our spirits lift when the sun comes out! God delivers these little "pleasures" in our life at just the right times!
Great pics,Brin!

Unknown said...

You got it right girl, your wise beyond your years!! I LOVE your new blog look, it's great!!

Diane Duda said...

I didn't plant any sunflowers this year. NOw I'm regretting it.

Glad you're happy! :)

Belinda said...

Oh, how beautiful the butterfly and his sunflowers look together! Gorgeous photos!