Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Dandelion Parade Tuesday

I love Tuesdays.

Really, I do. It's probably my favorite day of the week, aside from Thursdays, Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.

I just love Tuesdays.

But you know, I think I'd like them even better if, like the Italians, we only worked 4 to 5 hours a day. With a big two hour lunch in between. That would make a Tuesday better.

You know what else would improve a Tuesday? An ice cold root beer float. That would make the day yummier.

Oh! Guess what else would brighten up this Tuesday? A pretty dress. One of those dresses that makes even your toenails look cuter. Yes, I say a pretty dress would improve a Tuesday.

And of course, what would a Tuesday be without flowers? But not just any flowers. I would prefer buckets and buckets of dandelions. Dandelion blooms, I guess. The fluffy, sunshine yellow ones. That would help.

But no grand Tuesday would be complete without a small parade. Just a small one. We could line everyone we love and miss along the street, and climb high atop a parade float. Yes, that's it! We could work a half day, drink root beer floats, wear pretty dresses, and ride under a rain of dandelions alongside the friends and family we adore most. It would be marvelous.

It would be a dandelion parade Tuesday. Wouldn't it be wonderful?

[Smile]

Ah, the desires of the heart. Maybe my dandelion parade will live only in my [crazy? child-like? ridiculous?] imagination....

But hey, that's okay. Wherever you're spending your day, I hope you have a wonderful Tuesday. We'll do what needs doing today, and save that blessed dandelion parade for another day.

Another Tuesday.

Boy do I just love Tuesdays.

Delight yourself in the Lord
and He will give you the desires of your heart.
-Psalm 37:4

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am all for that! Shorter work days, and parades. I guess the best part would be to see all of the people that we miss seeing in our hectic lives. Everyone needs to take time to slow down and get back to what is important, life and the ones that you love!!!

Am