Monday, January 2, 2006

Hello, 2006!

Awwhh.... the New Year! Time to reevaluate, set new priorities, and then bask in the glow of newly achieved accomplishments.

Uh huh. Yeah.

Well, okay, hang on... let's see. The new year evaluating I can do. Witness:

Age: 26
Marital status: Single. Still.
Occupation: Oil and Gas Broker
Weight: Astronomical. Let's just say I have a vintage rack and extra back. (Translation: big, saggy boobs and a huge arse.)
Residence: Freeman House (Permanent); Wichita, Kansas (Temporary)
Hobbies: Omg... they're so pathetic I can't bear to see them in print.
Ambition: To run off to rural England, marry an English lord, and spend my days decorating our centuries-old castle and growing boxwood hedges. Oh, and eating crumpets.

Sigh.

Truth is, 2005 was a train wreck. I watched my job, an impending marriage, and my sanity slip through my hands. I can honestly say the year was spent mourning what I'd lost and dreading the future I was left with.

But not 2006. Oh no. I'm rebounding. Matter of fact, I booked my trip to London yesterday, on New Year's Day. And I started the Atkins diet. Say 'buh-bye' to my vintage rack and extra back. And, I've determined to find a cool hobby. Although I must say that all the knitting yarn I got for Christmas was pretty cool.

As for my ambition, I'm planning to visit several castles outside Glouchestershire, England. I hear they're inhabited by some single English Lords.

Happy 2006, friends!

B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LMAO Vintage rack ... ooooh my gosh. I am so using that. I am sorry for all that you have had to go through but I am happy to hear of the adventures to come.

Hugs from all of us here in Big D,
Kimyla,Stuart,Murphy and Tristen